Dates: 10-12 April 2018
Venue: Shanghai Astronomical Observatory, Shanghai, China, Nandan Road, No 80
The Square Kilometre Array (SKA) will be the world’s largest radio telescope, enabling scientists around the globe to carry out frontier research and make revolutionary discoveries. To fully harvest the scientific potential of the SKA, the wider SKA community must develop science-driven expertise and pioneer cutting-edge technologies to support science teams to “deliver the goods” by deep exploration of the data products released by the SKA Observatory.
To start this process, in April 2017, we organised the First Australia-China SKA Big Data Workshop. The main goal of the 1st Workshop was to foster and strengthen collaborations between Australian and Chinese organisations in a broad sense, including academic institutions, but also other entities, including private companies. The workshop was successfully completed with all working groups expressing their strong desire for long-term, follow-up collaborations.
Building on the success of the first workshop, we cordially invite you to the 2nd Australia-China SKA Big Data Workshop co-organised by the International Centre of Radio Astronomy Research (ICRAR) in Australia and Shanghai Astronomical Observatory (SHAO) in China.
The Second Workshop will be focused on the SKA Regional Centre (SRC) development, with two main objectives:
- To deliver a working prototype/solution of an integrated SKA regional centre distributed across Australia and China;
- To synthesise the lessons learnt from this workshop into the roadmap of SRC development in the next five years.
Taking in account such a practical focus, the workshop will continue the “hackathon” style from last year.
The workshop is co-funded by the Commonwealth of Australia’s Department of Industry Innovation and Science (DIIS) and the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS).
Presentations from Day 1
- Tao An (co-chair), Shanghai Astronomical Observatory, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Slava Kitaeff (co-chair), International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research (University of Western Australia) and Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation, email@example.com
- Juan-Carlos Guzmann, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation
- Andreas Wicenec, International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research, University of Western Australia
- Chen Wu, International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research, University of Western Australia
- Tao An (chair), Shanghai Astronomical Observatory, firstname.lastname@example.org, +86 13817192008
- Quan Guo, Shanghai Astronomical Observatory, email@example.com
- Xiaocong Wu, Shanghai Astronomical Observatory, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Xiaocong Wu, email@example.com, +86 13917960516